Tuesday, January 28, 2014

How to Meet New Mori Girls: A Guide to Finding Mori Girls Through the Web



One of the first things I did, upon becoming a Mori Girl, was to scour the Internet for information and other Mori Girls. While it is true that the Mori Community is not very large, like the Lolita community, there are still many Mori Girls out there. These are the best ways through social media that I have found.

These lists are not complete nor obsolete, and will most likely be updated often, to be kept up to date.[Last updated: 7/11/17]

Instagram is one good place for Mori Girls! I've found many there. Some of the people listed are not strictly Mori Girls, and some just have more of a Mori Girl feel.

  • 1992emmanuel
  • kelli.e (no longer mori, but previous mori coords still up)
  • suteki_noona
  • kittysharkattack
  • shopberrydrop
  • monchouchou
  • momochy_
  • gingerlillytea
  • seafaeries
  • georgianeko
  • wallflowerhoney
  • lost_princess
  • sophieneechan
  • cehaicea
  • skogflickan
  • forestsandtea (this is my own instagram)
  • littletinyghost
  • labyrinthgarden
  • nightinrosette
  • meinayip 
  • baovao
  • whatforbreakfast
  • iwasthesea
  • twigthefairy
  • a_littlelife
  • shojonoumi (no longer mori, but previous mori coords still up)
  • jerianie
  • sara_wolvin
  • whatcaitlindid (no longer mori, but still some nice mori-aesthetic pics)
  • ohtobehannah
  • vanillerygarden
  • mita.o
  • sendohsan (no longer mori, but previous mori coords still up)
  • ikayunsitapratiwi90
  • ravensnook
  • nekochuu
  • titaniasteaparty
  • elfwoodtreasures (no longer mori, but still some nice mori-aesthetic pics)
  • croche.k
  • seafoooood
  • nuzlifahdia
  • s_atoh
  • winter_named_winter
  • cawaii.natural (no longer mori, but previous mori coords still up)
  • kouh1129
  • cachebebe
  • pollymorigirl
  • moonriselan
  • faunhart
  • wildflower_threads
  • mikae.chan
  • emilyquinton
  • mari_strenghielm
  • tradgards_drommen
  • annas_goodies
  • kinokofairy
  • bluehairedforestgirl
  • dreaminggardener
  • mountaintalk
  • peppermintpine
  • bmandarines
  • kawayamamorihama
  • circleofpines
  • underthemagicwillow

There is an official Mori Girl group located here on LiveJournal. It's not incredibly active, but still has many active members. Posting is sparse though. Maybe some new members might bring the community more life! (You have to join in order to see posts.) [Is now completely inactive, but still has a lot of good resources from previous posters.]

There are many Mori Girl bloggers out there, and I discover new blogs everyday! But here is my current list. Again, some of these bloggers are not strictly Mori, or just have a Mori feel.
Some of these Blogs haven't been updated in a while, but have good Mori Girl resources. So I've listed them anyway.

If you have an account on facebook, the Society of Mori Girl Bloggers is a good place to join. Most of the Mori Girl bloggers use this group to communicate with each other.

There are also sometimes regional Mori Girl groups on facebook, as well as a few with members all across the world. (Such as Heartland Mori, Mori Girl Italia, Mori Girl Espanolas, Mori Girls [most active], UK Mori Girl Club, Mori Girls (2), Find Mori Pen Pals, Christian Mori Girls, and Mori Girl Book Club) And some bigger cities have Mori Girl groups. It's worth doing some research to see if your area has one. Unfortunately though, if you live in a smaller city like I do, there usually aren't many other Mori Girls living around you.

Tumblr is also a good way to find Mori Girls. (Again, some of these bloggers are not strictly Mori, or just have a Mori feel.) A few you might like:

These are the current ways I have discovered other Mori Girls. But I think the best way is to just actively be searching. Unlike other Japanese fashion groups, we are relatively small. So it takes more searching to find those in the Mori Community. Just don't give up! There are other Mori Girls out there, I promise.

There are two places I would like to see more Mori Girls, however. Spotify and Goodreads.

Spotify is a free music service (when on the computer) and can be used to compile music playlist that you can share with friends. It would be wonderful to find more Mori Girls sharing their favorite Mori music!
Update: There are a few playlist that I've found: here, here, and here. Also, the Mori Girl facebook page has opened a sub-page, called Mori Music Box, where you can share your own Mori Music Finds, and hear others suggestions!

Goodreads is an online bookshelf, to show others what books you've read, want to read, and rate and review books. It's a perfect place for Mori Girls, but I've found none. I'd love to know what other Mori Girls like reading!

This is all I have for now, but if I've forgotten anything, or anyone, please message me and let me know! Also, if you've joined any of the things mentioned, message me. I love meeting new Mori Girls! I'll also be posting a list of my personal favorite Mori Girl resources next. Stay tuned!


19 comments:

  1. Thank you for adding me to your blog links *_* This is so sweet ~

    Aaand, I didn't know about that facebook group called "Society of Mori Girl bloggers" so it was really great help for me ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post!!! And Thank you to ad me in the list! I don´t Know people in my town who wear or love Mori girl and thanks at you I know much people in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so nice to take the time to compile a list of so many wonderful mori girl blogs. I don't know why, but I was really surprised to see my own blog on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for the list!! :D that's a very nice of you to sum all the blogs and instagrams.
    it's kinda hard to read long paragraph with the cursive font to be honest haha but I really like reading your blog it's filled with new things I didn't know
    and thank you for adding me into the list hehe ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering about the font lol I think I might change it. I'm glad you like reading my blog! You're one of my favorite bloggers so that makes me very happy! :D

      Delete
  5. oh, and I think @meinayip and @kingting_yeung on instagram are mori girls too. they're friends and it's really fun looking at their photos and coordinates together^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those two! I thought I had them on the list... Whoops! XD

      Delete
  6. Hi Kathyrn! I am so so so thankful for this list! Now I can kind more mori-friends! If you felt like adding my blog/username to the list I would be honored!
    anieinspired.blogspot.com
    anieinspired.tumblr.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Added you to the list! I found your blog about a week or so ago and I honestly though I had added you. (//u//) Glad you like the list though!

      Delete
  7. Wow, I didn't think I'd be mentioned anywhere-- thanks for adding me to your list! Even though I don't follow a strict forest girl style, I still love the aesthetics. ^___^

    I find this post really resourceful, since I haven't been able to look for a forest girl/ natural style meeting group! I have a small social circle, so I'm excited to talk to other girls with similar interests. This makes me want to write on my blog a little more.

    Thanks Again,

    -Army of Rabbits

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I am the owner of the tumblr blog sakura-mori that you listed, and I would like to point out that while I reblog mori kei stuff from time to time, my blog is not strictly mori kei, but rather a miscellaneous blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the concern on clarification! I forgot to add the disclaimer to the tumblr section that not all blogs are specifically mori.

      Delete
  9. Tried to sent my requests to several mori groups in facebook (since they're closed group), haven't approved yet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry if you don't hear back right away. Our group recently had a very very large amount of people requesting to join, and in order to keep out spam accounts our moderator has to preview each person individually. As you can imagine, this can take a long time. If you become really concerned about the length of time since you put in your request, you might try sending a message to the admin. She's very sweet, and I'm sure she'd be happy to help you out!

      Delete
  10. Hello
    I wanted to let those know in case anyone was wondering. I have taken responsibility to creat a morigirl community in the state of Washington. http://morigirlsofwashington.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this, I'll add it to the list.

      Delete
  11. Hi there. May you add me? :)
    http://dollmori.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, there is an active mori kei community on Amino! We welcome mori kei, yama kei, hama kei and mori boy! Please feel free to check us out and see what you think:
    http://aminoapps.com/c/mori-kei-amino

    From Cloud (´∀`)♡

    ReplyDelete