Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mori Movie Finds: Miss Potter


One of my favorite Mori Girl movies of all time is Miss Potter. The movie is based on the life of Beatrix Potter, who wrote and illustrated children's books in Victorian London. The movie's plot is sweet and simple in and of itself, but the scenery is what makes the movie so memorable. It is set in the London countryside mostly, and the natural scenery is breathtaking.






Beatrix Potter herself lived a very Mori Girl like life. She ran a farm, enjoyed illustrating nature, and spent most of her time exploring nature.








The story focuses on Beatrix trying to bring success to her book, run her farm, and has a charming romance plot.





I'm usually not a fan of romances, but I feel that this one was well executed. There is a lot else to the story and the while the romance is essential to the story, it is not the main concern all of the time.
All in all, it is a charming story for all ages. 


Have you seen Miss Potter? If so, how did you like it? If not, I hope you enjoy it!


3 comments:

  1. I saw it recently and I liked it a lot!!! I scheduled a post about it for the 30th.
    A less famous film I saw with a mori like protagonist is Rabbit Without Ears, a fuunny german. But it focuses on the romance, so I don't know if you would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add this to my watchlist! :) In return I have a mori movie for you! :) rent-a-neko :) It's really funny and cute with lots of mori elements! :)

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2246953/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check that out :) It looks good!

      Delete