Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Mori Shop Review: Polly Frances Elizabeth

Today I'm reviewing a fellow Mori Girl's shop! She had contacted me about reviewing a pair of earrings from her shop, and I said yes. I chose a cute pair of red mushroom earrings (which you can find on her shop to purchase here).  She also gave me a discount code for my readers, which you can find at the end of this post.

Her shop is called Polly Frances Elizabeth and in a short blurb she described herself as "an 'artist and designer-maker, creating whimsical work with themes of nature and fantasy'. I make everything in the shop myself, and I have been making things for as long as I can remember! I have always lived in places with a lot of natural beauty, so nature has always been a big influence on me. I am also very inspired by fairy tales, folk art, fantasy, and history. I like to make things which I can imagine being used or worn by someone who lives in a little wooden house in a magical forest. The name Polly Frances Elizabeth is just my name-I thought I was lucky enough to have a name which fitted what I was making quite well, so I went with it!" You can find her blog here, if you are interested.

But onto the earrings!




The earrings came in this cute little package! The print is her own design. And the package was padded so I didn't have to worry about anything getting squashed or broken.



She wrapped the earrings separately in silver tissue paper with a red ribbon. And she included some cute business cards, and a handwritten note, all with her artwork on it.. The earrings had poked through the tissue paper she had wrapped them in, but considering it came from overseas, and that was the only damage, it doesn't bother me.




Here are the earrings. They are very brightly colored, and have that handmade flair. I especially like that each mushroom is a bit different. They are a plastic kind of material, and rather thick, so I'm not worried about them chipping or anything like that.


The backs, since they are handmade, are glued on. But they seem to be very sturdy, and as long as you aren't throwing them places, they should be fine. The backs are not pure silver, so if you have allergies to lesser metals you might want to keep that in mind.

Now for ratings:

Price: 4/5
The prices were a little bit more expensive than your regular pair of earrings (it's only a few dollars more), but they are handmade. And when you compare them to other self-run online shops, like on Etsy, I'd say that they are very affordable.

Quality: 5/5
I can find no issues with these. They are well made, vibrant, and super cute!

Shipping Time: 5/5
She shipped these from the UK and they arrived within a week. A bit less than that actually. So I was impressed.

Communication: 5/5
I didn't actually do much communicating with Polly about the earrings, but the few emails I sent were responded to within a day or so.

Packaging: 5/5
The packaging was super cute, as well as being protective of the item inside.

Final score: 4.8/5
I'm really happy with these earrings, and I'll definitely be wearing them often!

Polly has been kind enough to offer me a discount code for all my readers! The discount code is IMLEARNING. All you have to do is enter the code at checkout and 15% will be taken off of your order. The offer is good until the 20th December 2014. I hope you'll check out Polly's shop and support a fellow Mori Girl!

1 comment: