Sunday, August 27, 2017

Mori Girl Challenge: Day 10

Day 10: What are your favorite books? Do you think they are Mori or not?

I'm an avid reader, so I have a lot of favorite books and book series. For the sake of time, I'll just talk about three here.

1) The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien

This series is somewhat mori-esque, as it focuses on a lot of natural themes. But I really just like it for the extensive world building, adventure, and the fantasy elements. The fact that some of its themes are mori is kind of just a nice side element.

2) Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

This book isn't very mori at all. It's a bit of thriller/mystery novel, and the only thing mori about it would probably be a few scenes where they describe the local foliage. All the same, it's an amazing book, and one of my all time favorites.

3) The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis

This series is definitely mori-esque. The themes are very nature focused, quaint, and homey. The fantasy elements are great too, and also often focus on natural elements as well. I'd definitely recommend them as a good mori read.


No comments:

Post a Comment