Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Mori Girl Challenge: Day 20

Day 20: How do you feel about the fairly prevalent use of fur in Mori Kei?



I've already mentioned before that I hate the negativity that surrounds the fur debate, so please, let's not fight over this. Whether you agree or disagree with me here, that's fine. I'd love to hear your personal opinions on this, I've heard a lot of interesting viewpoints from people over the years, but I won't tolerate any nastiness towards one another. Just be nice, and be civil!

My own personal feelings about the fur debate are that using fur is almost always not okay. I am okay with thrifted fur though. I know that some people feel wearing any kind of fur, thrift, new, or even fake, is supporting the negativity of the fur industry. However, I feel like if you find an old fur piece at the thrift store, then you are not actively supporting the negative practices of the fur industry, so it's fine for you to wear it. You are not promoting their brand, and they will get no money from you for the purchase. I personally wouldn't wear any piece of real fur though. It just really weirds me out to think that I'm wearing a dead animal on me.

As for new fur pieces, as an ethical person, vegetarian, and someone concerned with the environment, I just cannot support that. There are just too many problems with the fur industry, and even if you are okay with using animals for things like food and supplies, the cruelty and waste of the industry are just inexcusable all around.

Fake and faux fur is alright with me. But I would be wary of what it is made of. It's often made of harmful and non-disposable elements so I wouldn't go out and buy a ton of fake fur just because it's fake. But again, that's up to you to decide.

So how about you? How do you feel about fur? As I said before, I'd love to hear everyone's diverse opinions. Just stay kind to one another please!


No comments:

Post a Comment