Thursday, December 31, 2015

What's in my Mailbox?: Mori swaps!

I realized the other day that I haven't shared much on my blog about the swaps I've been a part of. So I thought, before 2015 has comes to a close, that I would share some of the wonderful things fellow Mori Folk have sent me this year!

One of the most recent swaps was a "self care" swap. We sent items that might help us feel better on our bad days. The box I received contained many things in my favorite color, lilac, which instantly made me happy! There were a few different kinds of green teas, a handmade brooch, a handmade flower door-hanger, and a pen with a little floral notepad. It was quite sweet, and I loved everything in it! It was quite a fun swap to participate in, as we got to customize the gifts to fit our partners.


This second swap was a letter swap with the lovely Rosette. She sent me a charming card with a vintage picture of her city, and some vintage stickers to go along with it. I loved how well everything went together, and how beautiful it looked!

A photo posted by Kathryn Elaine (@forestsandtea) on

This swap was summer themed, and came all the way from Switzerland. It contained a large bag of loose leaf tea, a handmade notepad with pictures from a vintage bambi book, a recipe for berry cobbler, and a carved pencil with a mountain goat head on the top. I'm a sucker for loose leaf tea, so I was super excited about this one!


This last one was from our recent Christmas swap. It contained truffles (which were delicious and I ate them immediately...), some tea bags, a little journal in a plaid pouch, a light up crystal star, and a roll of silver star washi tape. It came just a few days before Christmas, which was quite amazing. I really like the washi tape! Normally, I stay away from shiny things, but this is just so pretty and I can't wait to use it.


Those are all of the swaps I've participated in this year. There were quite a lot, and I had a lovely time giving and receiving things with my Mori friends. If you haven't participated in one yourself, I'd recommend giving it a try! It's a ton of fun!

I hope you all had a wonderful 2015, and I wish you all a Happy New Year. Blessings to you all!


1 comment: