Sunday, September 2, 2018

My Mori Inspirations


A while back, I had a discussion with a few other mori folk about our mori inspirations. There are so many inspirational outfits, people, and brands out there to choose from, but it was quite fun to narrow down specific things that have inspired me the over the years. I thought it might be fun to share them here on my blog with you all as well! 

1) My first inspiration has always been the Wonder Rocket Shop workers. Although the shop has since closed its doors in Harajuku, the lovely workers there still prove a big inspiration to me. They always had such amazing coords, and I still look to their old photos for inspiration all of the time.





2) The main model for the shop Dear Li on Taobao has always been another inspiration of mine. She's one of the original mori icons and is pretty well known, and for good reasons! She's always so adorable, and her coords are so flowy and delicate. (She's known as dearlanglang on instagram, by the way, if you want to look at more of her photos.)





3) One of my inspirations that is probably a bit odd would have to be Victorian era fashion for little girls. There's just something about a pinafore that inspires me! I can't describe it very well, but I love the silhouette all the same.



(Illustrations are from the Samantha American Girl Doll book series.)

4) A mori girl that has inspired me that I've mentioned before is Nagashima Yuki. She was an old school mori girl who has since disappeared from the internet. But, when she was active, she had hundreds of different coordinates on her Instagram. A few pictures of her coords are still out there if you know where to look. She was one of my first inspirations and one of the first people who got me interested in the style.




5) Tasha Tudor is another inspiration of mine, but less for fashion and more for lifestyle. To keep things simple, she was the ultimate lifestyle mori girl. And, she was a talented artist as well! I love looking at pictures of her at work in her garden. She always looks so content.



6) Aoi Yu is another well-known mori icon, but I still love her all the same. All of her magazine photo shoots have such a cozy feel! They never fail to inspire me.





7) A lesser-known inspiration of mine is Julie Arkell. She's not actually a mori girl, but her clothing definitely has a mori flare. She's an adorable folk artist and her outfits reflect her colorful, fun, and amazing personality. She's definitely an inspiration for older mori folk!




9) Finally, one of my longest inspirations has always been, and always will be, the band Popoyans. Not only are they the quintessential mori band and amazing musicians, but their outfits and personalities are also so charming as well.




So, how about you? What or whom are your mori kei inspirations? I'd love to hear about them down below!


3 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It was such a nice surprise to stumble onto here and find that you're still active! I hope you have a fantastic day and that this fashion and lifestyle brings you joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my deer! I'm so glad you are enjoying my blog!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post! I already knew of most of these inspirations, but it was lovely to revisit them!

    ReplyDelete