Wednesday, April 30, 2014

30 Day Mori Girl Challenge: Questions 6-10




6. What sort of things, outside of fashion, do you consider to be a part of a Mori Girl lifestyle?

Definitely a concern for the environment, a love for the simple life, a longing to be in nature, and kindness towards others.

7. Are you also a Lolita? I find a lot of Mori Girls do Lolita as well! Whether you are or aren't a Lolita , why do you think this is?

No. I used to want to try Lolita, but then I realized that often the people that are into Lolita aren't so nice... I'm not sure why other people find Lolita appealing, but I know I like it because it reminds me of princesses.

8. What is your favorite type of plant life? Whether it be tree, bush, flower, fruit or vegetable, why is it so special to you?

Daisies or Lavender. When I was little, the entire side of our house was covered with daisies, and they reminded me of the scene from Alice in Wonderland where she sings a song while lying in a field of daisies. Alice and Wonderland has always been one of my favorite movies, so daisies made me feel happy. And I like lavender because it smells so wonderful!

9. List 10 words that remind you of Mori Girl or inspire your Mori Girl life.

Forest, wanderer, lace, natural, deer, flowers, fairy, basket, sweet, and original.

10.What are your favorite books? Do you think they are Mori or not?

I have a lot of favorite books, but here goes!


  • The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien
I think in some ways these are Mori. Middle Earth is definitely a place a Mori girl would love living.
  • Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
I think this is also in some ways a Mori book. The book goes deeply into detail about the beautiful countryside, and all in all it has a very Mori feel. I loved the book itself because the character thought very much like me, and that drew me in. The plot is also very intricate, with lots of interesting twists and turns.
  • The Trixie Belden series
Sometimes these books are very Mori. The setting is in the countryside of New York, and the group does lots of nature filled activities together.
  • A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
As this book takes place in the city, it doesn't have a very Mori feel. However, I feel like Sara Crewe's attitude for life is what every Mori Girl should strive for.
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
The setting is again very Mori. They go into detail about the beautiful English moors. However, the plot is confusing at times and rather dark. I think it might be more like a Dark Mori book, but it's a good book none the less.
  • House by Frank Peretti
Definitely not Mori. Frank Peretti specializes in super creepy horror books (my favorite!).
  • The Millie Keith series
I'd say these books are 90% Mori. The setting and the people definitely fit in with the Mori aesthetic, although sometimes it's a bit Natural Kei-like.
  • The Dreamhouse Kings series by Robert Liparulo.
Not very Mori either. Also in the horror genre.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting answers :D
    I'm quite envious of the dasies that grew near your house, I always lived in the city. Maybe is a part of the reason I love nature so much :D

    ReplyDelete