Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Mori Girl Challenge: Day 19

Day 19: Are you inspired by your own culture? If so, how do you incorporate it?

I'm not inspired by the current culture in my country, but I am most definitely inspired by women's fashion from the past. (I'm from the United States, just incase you weren't aware.)

One period of history where the clothing really speaks to me is around the Revolutionary War/French and Indian War period, in the 1700s. I love the layers of skirts and the charming silhouettes. I re-enacted at a local event that was around this period for a little while, and I always felt extra feminine and beautiful when wearing the costumes.






I'm also inspired by the traditional Cherokee Tear Dresses. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I have some Cherokee heritage, so I've always been interested in, and inspired by, their culture.



The fashion of Pioneer Women also inspires me. Maybe it's because I grew up with Little House on the Prairie, but I just love the whole look.





I also love children's fashion from the Victorian Era, in specific the Pinafore Dress. It's just so charming to me. This may also be because, growing up, my favorite American Girl Doll was Samantha. But I just love it.




I try to incorporate bits and pieces of these fashions where I can. I usually go for the silhouettes in my own outfits and sometimes the color palettes where it's appropriate for mori.

How about you? Are you inspired by any part of your culture? I'd love to hear your answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment