Saturday, May 17, 2014

30 Day Mori Girl Challenge: Questions 26-30


26. When you’re out in nature, where do you often find yourself? (in the woods, a lake, river, etc. what’s your favorite spot? describe it for us!)

I spend most of my time in my yard nowadays, but my favorite place has always been the creek that runs behind my house. When I was little, a friend and I spent all of our time there. We explored and named all the "islands" we found there, and our favorite spot was a bigger "island" we named "Bird Island". It was so named because when the river overflowed every spring, leaves and sticks would lodge themselves in the branches of the small trees on the "island" and leave something reminiscent of a birds nest in every tree. I used to love to take a sketchpad and sit for hours on Bird Island.

27. What’s your favorite fairy tale or myth?

My favorite fairytale is The Twelve Months, a lesser known Greek fairytale. You can read it here.

28. Has getting into mori girl changed your perspective on life or how you live at all? how so?

Not really. I feel like usually the people who really get into Mori Girl, are Mori Girls to start out with.

29. What other fashions are you interested in, if any?

I like Dolly Kei, Otome Kei, and some Gyaru kei, but I don't really wear any of them.

30. Describe your ideal ‘mori girl day.’

Wake up and eat a delicious home cooked meal (like waffles, yum!), bike to the library, sketch in a park, visit a small cafe for lunch, go window shopping in town, visit a nature preserve and take a hike, come home and eat another home cooked meal, read a book, and fall asleep with the window open and the crickets singing.

And done! Hope you enjoyed reading these as much as I have enjoyed making them!


1 comment:

  1. Bird island and the description of yor mori girl day are so romantic in some way!

    I've read the fairytale you linked in a quite different version in an italian fairytales book.

    ReplyDelete