Project: Mori Kei Image Archive

Hello everyone! As I am known to do, I have randomly started another archival project:

Mori Kei Image Archive

Some users on the mori discord server were discussing how it seemed hard to find images of the things they were looking for, and after I started thinking about it, I realized they were right. Finding good quality images that you are looking for in the age of ai slop search engines is hard enough, let alone looking for specific images from a certain source, or images that were not popular to begin with, or images that were shared around so many times on tumblr or pinterest you don't know where they came from anymore. So that's where this project comes in.

The project is called the "Mori Kei Image Archive." Just like the name sounds, it's a place to archive any and all mori outfit images! (And a few other things here and there!)

The archive is specifically for images of outfits made either a) during the period of mori's popularity in Japan (aka the early 2010s) with clear mori influences or b) images specifically uploaded by users calling them mori kei from any year/location. 

Already the archive is over 2000 images, and I've been submitted even more. It's a big project, but it's been super exciting to see everything come together in one place!

It's hosted on tumblr with interactive tabs for easy sorting, so you can find the exact kind of image you are looking for easily. (And not listed in tumblr's search engines to keep it from being reblogged by random users.)

Check it out if you have the time, and if you want to submit images (even images of your own outfits) I would be so happy to add them!

The project is still currently ongoing, so I am working on properly sourcing each image with links, more information, and appropriate tags. So check back in often for more updates! And if you notice any images that have errors or you can fill in the blanks about, please contact me!



Comments