Day 5: Name 5 things you dislike about Mori.
1) The negativity that surrounds the fur debate. It's ridiculous how passionate people used to get about this on both sides of the equation, and how nasty they would be to those who didn't agree with them a hundred percent. It's cooled down in recent years, but I saw so many people that were deeply hurt by other Mori folk over this debate.
2) This one is hard to define, but those people who will call themselves Mori but are definitely not. And by this, I don't mean people who feel they can't wear the style but still want to be a part of the community. Those people are cool. They know what Mori is, and they've done their research so they can contribute to the community even if they don't wear it personally. I mean the people who tag unrelated content as Mori Kei and don't ever engage in the aesthetic or fashion. Like, you're not Mori, and you obviously don't know anything about it or you wouldn't tag your content with Mori Kei. I think they just see it and think it has to do with trees or dresses or something. It's way more than that. Please do research before you start claiming you are something.
3) Elitists in the community who think they and they alone know what Mori is. There are those who focus on the fashion aspect and those who focus on the lifestyle aspect, but they all are just super nasty and tend to harass those who don't agree with them. Fortunately, in my experience, they've been few and far between. They're still the worst though. I may have ranted a bit about one of these people in the past... I got a little salty. ;)
4) The shrinking community. There was already only a very small amount of Mori folk when I joined the community, and that was toward the end of its popularity in Japan. However, nowadays, it seems like even that small number is shrinking, which is sad. I wish there was some way to grow the community again. There is still a handful of us active in the style, so at least we can keep it alive.
5) I can't think of anything else. I just really love Mori Kei ^^
The shrinking community is such a sad thing! I'm a bit ashamed of myself for not interacting more but I guess that's the problem with a lot of mori folks - it's a style full of introverts.ReplyDelete
Ah, I've been meaning to start writing about Mori more on my blog for such a long time! I'm going to start doing the challenge and get more involved.ReplyDelete
If you do, be sure to let me know! I'd love to read your posts ^v^Delete