Friday, October 14, 2022

Mori Kei 30 Day Challenge: Day 16

Day 16: Name 5 of your favorite mori-style songs or musicians! (They can be explicitly mori, or just feel mori-inspired.)

1) Popoyans: A classic mori musician duo. Their music is becoming harder to find on the internet these days sadly, but they both wore mori and made mori-themed music. If you can find their songs on youtube, I highly recommend a listen. Their sound is relaxing, soft, and magical. 


One of my favorite songs is Hoshininaritai. Such a lovely tune!



2) Ichiko Aoba: Another classic mori musician. Her personal style is adorable and mysterious, and her music is soft, airy, and just as mysterious. I really enjoy her unique style and her guitar playing is beautiful.


My all-time favorite performance by her is this live recording of the song Hikari no Furusato. So hauntingly beautiful! 


3) The Oh Hellos: This group has become fairly well known due to a few of their songs that became popular on tik-tok. But I've loved their music for a long time. Their unique use of instruments, creative lyrics, and charming feel make for a great listen.


My favorite albums from them are "Dear Wormwood" and "Zephyrus." Their sound is whimsical and light, with interesting and deep lyrics. Their well known song "Soldier, Poet, King" is definitely worth the hype, but a lesser known gem I recommend is "Wishing Well."


4) Sailing (album) by AKMU: AKMU has quite a few mori-like songs, but I really enjoy their album Sailing for its relaxing and deep tone. It's a beautiful album that really transports you to another world.


I love all of the songs from the album, but one of my favorites is Whale. It's a unique feel and melody that I love.




5) Mountain Man: An absolute gem of a group, and highly underrated. This trio sings together like an angelic choir. They can make even the oddest lyrics a work of art ("Underwear" being a prime example). I'm a huge fan of their acapella work, but all of their songs are amazing.


I love literally every song this trio has produced. But if I had to pick a favorite AGT is a beautiful piece that showcases their amazing vocal skills.


How about you? What are your favorite mori musicians and songs? I'd love to hear your recommendations!





No comments:

Post a Comment