Thursday, October 27, 2022

Mori Kei 30 Day Challenge: Day 22

Day 22: Are you inspired by your own culture or other countries/cultures than Japan? If so, how do you incorporate them into your mori style?

I'm a history teacher by trade, and I have a soft spot for historical American fashion. As awful as American history can be, there are some wonderful fashion styles from the past. Here are a few of my favorite styles.


Mid 1700s Fashion: I love the aprons, the neck scarves the layers. So charming.


Victorian Era Children's Pinafores: There's something so charming about the look of a pinafore. I love the silhouette. 


Historical Praire Dresses: I love the simple silhouette. And the often small floral prints people use, especially in recreation/reimagined styles, is also charming.

How about you? Are you influenced by any historical fashion?



No comments:

Post a Comment